Your car was not just built to get you from point A to point B, but also to protect you in the unfortunate event of a vehicle accident. All repair work done to your car is regulated by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) to ensure that all and their installation meet the performance requirements that contribute to your safety. All of our installations at Lucky Dog have been approved to meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and we only use the highest quality auto glass on the market in our shop.
Have you ever wondered why when your glass has been installed you cannot just immediately drive off? This is because it needs time to cure. It is actually against the law for us to release your vehicle/you to drive away unless it has had enough cure time according to the FMVSS requirements.
Here’s 6 quick facts about auto glass:
- Did you know that the windshield is part of the airbag deployment system? The passenger side airbags deploy upward and off the windshield at speeds up to 200mph! Of course, the windshield also assists in an accident at keeping the passengers inside the vehicle.
- The replacement windshield itself is just one part of a safe installation. In addition to factory-authorized glass, the quality of the adhesive is just as important. Quality adhesive is what makes your vehicle safe to drive and to sit in. At Lucky Dog, we use only the highest quality urethane adhesive.
- Our auto technicians leave 1/16th of an inch of the old adhesive from your vehicle when applying the new adhesive. Leaving just a hair of the old adhesive provides the best bonding surface possible to your new windshield.
- In an accident, it rarely shatters. There are multiple layers to your windshield, preventing a shatter in an accident. This minimizes the risk of injuries caused directly by the windshield.
- They’re the most common insurance claim. Broken or damaged windshields are the most common reason for pursuing an automotive insurance claim in the U.S. Many auto claims start with a rock hitting the windshield or destructive hail.
- Minor damage can often be repaired. Come see us to learn if this is a possibility for your windshield. Injecting a resin into the damaged area can repair chips, up to the size of a quarter. When the resin cures, you can barely detect where the damage was. A less expensive and quicker alternative to a full replacement of your windshield.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed when you choose Lucky Dog Auto Glass. When you need auto, or truck glass replaced, we have you covered! Our shop is conveniently located on Central Ave S in downtown Kent. Please call us at 253-569-9403 today for a quote or questions about your auto or truck glass replacement.