Have you ever experienced trouble with your car windows? Specifically, have you had difficulty getting your car windows to go up? This can be a frustrating inconvenience—but the skilled and experienced team at Lucky Dog Auto Glass is here to help you solve the issue.
For starters, it’s important to note that if you have automatic windows (and you probably do), the problem is likely associated with one of the following:
- Damaged or broken regulator
- Attachments broken off or disconnected from glass
- Faulty Switches
As such, it may be necessary to visit an auto glass specialist. However, you can try to remedy the complication yourself with one of the following solutions:
- Check the child safety locks.
- Use your owner’s manual to check the fuses. A blown fuse may be the culprit and can be replaced.
- Check to see if the motor has malfunctioned by pressing the window button up and down while listening for noises coming from the inside of the door.
- Check to see if the switch is bad by pressing the window button and watching the gauges on the dash for the slightest leap.
- Check to see if the local switch on the passenger or rear door isn’t working by using the master button on the driver’s side door.
Next, try a troubleshooting method for a temporary fix. These troubleshooting methods include palming the glass.
With the car door open, sandwich the window between the palms of your hands and use gradual pressure to press the window up. You will need to have someone press and hold the window button while doing this.
Again, these are only methods for a temporary fix, ways to manipulate the window back into place until you can have it evaluated by a professional.
Contact Lucky Dog Auto Glass Today!
If you are having trouble getting your windows to go up, contact Lucky Dog Auto Glass today! You can rely on us for complete satisfaction—and we even offer free estimates! Give us a call now at (253) 569-9403. We look forward to hearing from you.