If a rock strikes the window hard enough you’ll end up with a stone chip, but that doesn’t mean you should replace your windshield. Windshield repair is safe, reliable, convenient and typically takes our technicians under 60 minutes to complete. Our accredited repair specialists can usually repair windshield chips, nicks and cracks up to 6 inches long. Top quality windshield repair should reestablish the structural integrity of the windshield, help prevent the damages from expanding, and make the mark less detectable without replacing the glass.
- Windshield repair is approved by most insurance providers, with most completely waiving your deductible paying 100 % of the fees as a substitute to replacement.
- A windshield repair will typically improve the overall appearance of the broken glass up to 80/90 % with many dings becoming very undetectable. Actual curing time of the resin takes up to 48 hours, depending on the light conditions, so you ought to expect to see the ding slowly diminish as the resin cures inside the damage.
- A windshield repair will normally prevent the ding from becoming larger or traveling.
- Normal windshield repair time is approximately one hour. (It takes time to do a Lucky Dog Repair!)
- All Lucky Dog repairs are equally effective on tinted glass and are guaranteed to pass all state inspections.
Advantages of Windshield Repair
- Windshield repair is environmentally friendly, as windshields are not recycled.
- Windshield repair does not break the initial seal of the windshield.
- Windshield repair saves time. A repair takes 45-60 minutes compared to two hours for most windshield replacements.
- Windshield repair saves money. The cost of a repair is a fraction of the cost of replacement. In most cases there is no money out of pocket for customers with insurance.
- Repair is prominent. More than 10 million windshields are repaired every year and the number is growing!
We proudly serve Kent, Auburn, SeaTac, Renton, Covington and Des Moines.